FAQ'S (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the address, phone number and email?
- 5130 San Fernando Rd. Glendale, Ca 91204
- (818) 484-8658
Where do I park?
- There is free street parking available in the surrounding area on San Fernando Rd. and on Ivy. Please be advised of posted signs.
What is the age requirement?
- We welcome children ages 7 and up. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, when attending class.
What is the duration of the classes?
- Foundation course is structured like semester system. It meets twice a week for 90min, for a 4 week session per level.
- Signature Classes are 60 minutes a class.
When do classes start?
- Classes will normally start at the top of each month and will run for 4 weeks, with classes going twice a week.
Can I sign up after classes have already started?
- Yes, only if there is an open spot after the 1st week.
What are the school hours?
Monday - Friday 3pm to 10:30pm
Do I need my own equipment?
- Our students and members will have use of the amenities turntables, needles, monitors, headphones, etc. However, for particular classes and courses students and members will be required to provide their own laptop with Serato DJ.
How much are classes?
- Courses are $599 per course and full payment is required upon sign up of each class. If you purchase a full course, its $1400.
- Signature Classes are $100 per class equaling 1 credit.
- We offer class 5 packs at $399, which gives you 5 credits.
What equipment do you use?
- Technics, Mixars, Roland, Serato, Pioneer, and more.
What is your refund policy?
- Sorry there are no refunds.
Do you offer private instruction?
- Yes, some most instructors are available for private instruction. Please email email@example.com to book your session.
How much are private lessons?
- Pricing with each instructor may vary. Pricing will be determined depending on hours and type of lessons being requested. Please be advised that each instructor's availability will also vary as each one still currently tour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your session.
What if I don’t want to take a class and want to be a part of the community?
- We have memberships available. BJIOS members will have the opportunity to take part in Open Turntable sessions on the turntable octogon. If you are interested in Cross Training, you will need to sign up for our monthly membership to be eligible.
What if I miss a class?
- Once you are enrolled in a course, you may not miss more than two classes. Once more than two classes are missed, you will have to drop out of the course, and a refund is not provided.
- We allow you to cancel for free anytime before 24 hours of the class starting. If you cancel within the 24 hour time period of your class you will be charged a $25 fee.
- If you are a no show to your class and have not cancelled, a credit is deducted and there are no refunds.
I want to enroll in a course, but not for a few more months, what are my options?
- You can check our calendar for future dates if you are unable to sign up for current classes at this time. BJIOS courses end after every 4 weeks, and are year round.
Do you offer financing?
- We do not offer financing at this time and require full payment upon enrollment.
Are you going to be offering online courses for people who live out of Los Angeles?
- This feature is not currently available at this time.
What do you have available for potential seasoned attendees?
- For those interested in joining the BJIOS community and want to become a member, we offer Open Turntable sessions. There will also be classs that are geared towards those who wish to practice with the Junkies and sharpen their skills.
Do members receive any discounts
- Members and Students will receive 10% off of all items in our retail store. Furthermore, we offer workshops and events which will be exclusive to our members, as well as early bird sign up access. BJIOS offers an app that sends notifications and updates, which members will receive prior to public release.
What happens after completing all 3 Foundation Level Courses?
- Once you have completed your courses, not only will you be able to DJ with confidence, BJIOS will have a graduation showcase for each student to show off their new found DJ skills in front of an audience. We also offer Signature classes for our students to continue to sharpen their skills, as well as becoming a BJIOS member to still be a part of the community and join in on open turntables.
How do I get the latest news and updates?
- Be sure to follow our social networks and sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news. If you join our community and become a BJIOS member, you will get a special members only newsletter with access to early bird sign ups and exclusive events and workshops.