What is the address, phone number and email?
- 5130 San Fernando Rd. Glendale, Ca 91204
- (818) 484-8658
Where do I park?
- There is free street parking available in the surrounding area on San Fernando Rd. and on Ivy. Please be advised of posted signs.
What is the age requirement?
- We welcome children ages 8 and up. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, when attending class and must be present at all times. Please inform us if your child has any allergies or medical conditions we may need to be aware of.
What is the duration of the classes?
- Foundation course (Accelerated Track) is structured like semester system. It meets twice a week for 90 min, for a 4 week session per level. There are 9 Levels to our Foundation Course.
- Foundation Weekly is 9 levels, meets once a week with 2 hour sessions and has an estimated completion time of 12 months.
- Intro to DJing is a 60 minute class.
- Signature Classes + Kids classes are 60 minutes a class.
- If you sign up for Foundation and drop out of the course before it is completed, there is a $250 cancellation fee.
When do classes start?
- Classes start at 6 p.m. Mon-Fri. Saturdays classes begin at 12pm.
Can I sign up after classes have already started?
- Yes, only if there is an open slot available, we also require a make-up session prior to attending class.
What are the school hours?
Monday - Friday 3pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Do I need my own equipment?
- Our students and members will have use of the amenities turntables, needles, monitors, headphones, etc. However, for particular classes and courses students and members will be required to provide their own laptop with Serato DJ.
How much are classes?
What equipment do you use?
- Technics, Mixars, Roland, Serato, Pioneer, Rane and more.
What is your refund policy?
- Sorry there are no refunds.
Do you offer private instruction?
How much are private lessons?
- Pricing with each instructor may vary. Pricing will be determined depending on hours and type of lessons being requested. Please be advised that each instructor's availability will also vary as each one still currently tour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your session or fill out this CONTACT FORM.
What if I don’t want to take a class and want to be a part of the community?
- We have memberships available. BJIOS members will have the opportunity to take part in Open Turntable sessions on the turntable Longtagon, or use any of the student stations that are available.
What if I miss a class?
- Once you are enrolled in a course, you may not miss more than two classes. We offer two complimentary make-up sessions during Student practice + Open Turntables, which will be scheduled. Once more than two classes are missed, you are required to schedule a private lesson for a special student discounted price, or you will have to drop out of the course, and a refund is not provided.
- We allow you to cancel for free anytime before 24 hours of the class starting. If you cancel within the 24 hour time period of your class you will be charged a $25 fee.
- If you are a no show to your class and have not cancelled, a credit is deducted and there are no refunds.
I want to enroll in a course, but not for a few more months, what are my options?
- You can check our calendar for future dates if you are unable to sign up for current classes at this time. BJIOS courses end after every 4 weeks, and only occur 3 times per year.
- For students who wish to reserve their spot in any upcoming class, we accept deposits. Deposits guanantee your slot in upcming classes.
Do you offer financing?
- We do not offer financing at this time and require full payment upon enrollment. Our staff is here to help, if you have questions about payment, speak to our staff and they can assist you, we will work with you!
Are you going to be offering online courses for people who live out of Los Angeles?
What do you have available for potential seasoned attendees?
- For those interested in joining the BJIOS community and want to become a member, we offer Open Turntable sessions.
- We have intermediate level classes offered in our Premium Pack. An assessment is required prior to enrollment.
Do members receive any discounts
- Members and Students will receive 10% off of all items in our retail store. Furthermore, we offer workshops and events which will be exclusive to our members, as well as early bird sign up access. BJIOS offers an app that sends notifications and updates, which members will receive prior to public release.
How do I get the latest news and updates?
- Be sure to follow our social networks and sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news. If you join our community and become a BJIOS member, you will get a special members only newsletter with access to early bird sign ups and exclusive events and workshops.